Local Church Involvement
The local churches have an important part in the Convergence program.
The local church should not sit back and passively wait for good leadership to come its way. We believe that the local church is biblically responsible to proactively raise up next generation leaders within and for their local church context. Convergence is intended to assist them in this process.
In addition, healthy leaders reproduce healthy leaders and healthy churches reproduce healthy churches. Local churches are biblically responsible to proactive plant new churches in their community or in other communities. Convergence is intended to assist them in this process.
In partnership with the Convergence program, the local church is responsible to:
- Identify qualified men who aspire to pastoral / elder level leadership
- Provide the opportunities for active involvement in ministry
- Provide proactive mentoring relationships and oversight
- Contribute significant financial support to the apprentice throughout his participation in the Convergence program
- Commit to enfold or send trained pastors to reproduce healthy churches